How to make the pop-up nativity
1. Download the page you want.
2. If you are going to leave the white background, print the image on
cardstock. You can use regular paper if you are planning to cut
out a colored image and paste it on colored cardstock.
3. To get the figures to fold out, cut the solid vertical lines on each side. An exacto knife works better than scissors
for this step.
4. If you are mounting the image on cardstock, cut out the entire image.
5. To prepare the colored cardstock as a background, Use the pattern to help you decide where the single fold will
go. Use a ruler to draw a straight line. Then fold the paper at that line, leaving the pencil mark on the back of
6. Next, carefully fold the images on your downloaded design at the
dotted lines. I found it was easier to get nice folds if I popped out
the images forward first. I pressed a crease along the the dotted lines at the
top, bottom and middle of each figure.
7. To complete the scene, crease the line backward at the bottom of
8. At this point you should have a fold out nativity that either stands
on its own, or if using paper, you can glue it on to cardstock. Glue
it in the folded out position with the cardstock underneath at a 90
Power in Numbers